Interested in winning prizes and making movies that make a difference?
It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- Come up with a winning video idea that’s focused on child poverty or bullying or senior isolation
- Make and submit a short video no longer than three minutes.
- Once videos are posted online get your friends and family to vote for your video!
Tips on making a winning video:
- Be well aligned with one of United Way’s issue areas– child poverty, bullying or senior isolation
- Have a clear message
- Tell a compelling story
- Be authentic
- Be mindful and respectful of sensitive and controversial issues
- Inspire compassion/empathy (could be in a sad or a humorous way)
- Motivate the audience to care
- Motivate the audience to act: share the film with others, visit United Way’s website or learn more
- Be creative and original
- Maintain audience attention throughout
- Have a high production quality
- Use of sound, music, acting or subjects in a way that enhances and complements the film